Work at Wye Hill
There is no greater privilege than to offer a space for human connection in real life. We provide an environment and an experience that delights and nourishes our guests, our colleagues, and our community. When all of these components intersect at their highest level, positive energy expands beyond our space out into the world.
Why work at wye?
Are you enamored with delicious beer and inspired food? Does hospitality make your heart sing? Calling all humans that care about creating unforgettable experiences for guests and colleagues, alike!
Here at Wye Hill, it’s not about checking boxes and filling positions. We seek the people that find joy in their chosen field and share our vision. We create welcoming spaces that uplift our team through collaboration, skill building, and livable wages. Hospitality is not just about the food and our spectacular views–it’s about our people being the foundation of what we can accomplish.
Work at Wye Hill
While we have no current open positions, we’re always looking for passionate individuals to join our team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic bartender to provide an excellent guest drinking experience. Skillful bartenders will be able to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers’ needs and expectations, all with a warm demeanor that creates regulars.
Our bar program has seasonal signature cocktails, both wines by the glass and by the bottle, craft beer that is brewed in-house, and Prosecco on tap. Patrons are served at the bar so full menu knowledge is expected and supported with training. Compensation includes hourly rate + a share of tip pool.
ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
- Plan and present bar menu
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Resume and proven working experience as a bartender
- Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of a second language is a plus
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
- Relevant training certificate is a plus but not a requirement
- Point-of-Sale Software: Toast
- Touch Screen Monitors
- Table Management/Reservation Software: Resy
- Calendar and scheduling software (Google Calendar, OpenSimSim & Resy)
- Bar equipment and machinery
- Physical Requirements – Must be able to safely & independently lift 50 pounds.
- Transportation – Must have reliable transportation to and from our Durham location.
- Work Authorization – Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- $6/hr + % of Tip Pool
- 1 year (required)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include nights and weekends as defined by the Front of House Management team.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and perform sometimes-strenuous physical labor, including lifting objects that may weigh 50lbs or more